Many Organizations do not allow their employees to access their personal e-mail account on office network. Though nowadays people have Smartphone to access their personal e-mail account on it but it tedious task of login to Gmail and looking for new mails every time as compare to doing this on their desktop/laptop and also you will have to expend extra money for using the internet on your mobile phone. So why pay money for accessing your personal email account when you can get your personal emails on your official email ID by enabling an auto forward emails in you Gmail account without expanding a single penny.
Once you enabled the auto forward facility in Gmail all of your mails will be transferred to other e-mail id (i.e. office mail id) and you will be able to keep track of your personal Gmail account while you are in office. So here are the steps for enabling the auto forward in Gmail.
Steps for Configuring the Auto forward in Gmail
- First thing first, login to your Gmail account.
- Click on gear icon appearing on top right side of Gmail window and choose mail setting option from drop down menu.
- It will take you to the Gmail setting page, now navigate to Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab and look for Add a forwarding Address button, click on it and key in the e-mail id to which you want your Gmail mails to be forwarded and click Next button, Gmail will send a confirmation code to your other mail id (i.e. office mail id). You can even resend the confirmation mail if mail is not reached your mail address and can also change the mail id by removing the old mail id if you want.
- Now access your mail id to which confirmation code is sent and click link to confirm the request in case you are not able to do so, you can copy and paste the confirmation code to verify text and click verify button in your Gmail account.
- Once you verified it again navigate to forwarding and POP/IMAP page and select the radio button for Forward a copy of incoming mail and choose the forwarding mail id from drop down menu and click save Changes. Now you are done with auto forwarding of mails in Gmail.
NOTE: If you have more than one Gmail account you can enable auto forwarding for Gmailâ€™s mails for all account and you can keep track of your all Gmail accounts while you are at work.