Are you getting pesky calls from unknown numbers repeatedly or getting bombarded with marketing calls from customer care numbers? And you want to block or blacklist calls from all these numbers then this is the post for you. I know how much annoying these unwanted call can be when you in middle of something urgent. So I decided to share a simple trick to block all these unwanted calls on your Android phone. There are few apps (free/paid) are available in Android market to block a call/SMS from a specific number. In this post I will explain you how to block a call from a specific number on your Android phone without using any application, you can even block a call from your ex-girl friendâ€™s number . Though there is no harm in using any application for blocking a call or SMS from a specific number but when you can do the same without any apps then there is no logic for using the application for the same. Moreover these apps will consume more RAM and CPU usage of your phone as well as reduce the battery life to some extent.
Procedure to Block/Debar/Blacklist calls from a specific number on Android Phone
- Unlock your Android phone
- Navigate to Setting icon and tap it to open
- Tap the Call settings
- Navigate to Blacklist menu and tap it
- Now here you can Add phone number from your contacts, file manager or number not in your contacts list, once done tap Ok button. The number will appear under the blacklist menu.
- You can even use wildcards e.g. 123.* blocks numbers starting with 123 and *123.* blocks numbers containing 123. To enable it just tap to tick on the option box against Use wild cards
- Thatâ€™s all, your are done
- In case your want to unblock an already blacklisted number, just tap on the number and tap OK button to unblock a number.
When these numbers try to call you then they will hear a engage tone every time and you will never be able to know when and how many time they have called you as there is no notification flashes on-screen when a call is blocked
Note: You may not be able to block calls from all unwanted numbers, as new numbers come everyday, but from most of the unwanted numbers using wildcards option.